What is prune and prune juice?
Prune juice comes from prune fruit, which is a different name for dried (Prunus domestica) and these fruits are grown for their fresh varieties as well.
As plums begin to dry, they retain all of their nutrients, but also increase in a particular active ingredient known as sorbitol. Prunes also have a longer shelf life and a pleasant taste, which is why they are so popular in juice form.
This juice is typically diluted with some water for a tart and rejuvenating drink.
Benefits of Prune Juice: One of the most tried and trusted health juices in the world is prune juice, which provides a rich supply of nutrients and a long list of potential health benefits when consumed in moderation.
1) Constipation - it may help to prevent constipation.
2) Anti-cancer - lower risk of colon cancers
4) Heart Health - it may help in lowering cholesterol levels, thereby prevent coronary heart diseases. The potassium content in prune juice also promotes overall long-term heart health.
5) Reduces Cholesterol - Rich in antioxidants and soluble fiber, prune juice helps in reducing cholesterol in the body.
6) Increases Circulation -this mineral is necessary for the production of red blood cells. This will help to boost your circulation and energy levels
7) Reduces Appetite - The nutrient density in prune juice is very high, and it can also help to release leptin (it is a hormone produced by the fat cells in your body. Its main role is to regulate fat storage and how many calories you eat and burn), a hormone that tells the body it is full.
8) Prevents Osteoporosis - it is a clear sign that it contributes to bone density and preventing the osteoporosis as you get older.
Remember: Drink prune juice in moderation and careful not to drink it too much as it may cause side effects in your digestive system.
You can find prune juices in supermarkets or small shops.
We hope prune juice helps you to aid your digestion and overall health.
Thank you for reading.