The triceps dip exercise is a great bodyweight exercises that builds arm and shoulder strength. This simple exercise can be done almost anywhere and has many variations to match your fitness level. Use it as part of an upper body strength workout. There's no low modification for this.
Benefits: The triceps dip is one of the most effective exercises for activating the triceps muscles in your upper arm. Additionally, you must activate your core as you hold your hips off the ground. The triceps are used for pushing, and you will engage them in any daily activities that require pushing and strenghtening.
Play the video to see a tricep dip:
Find a stable chair, bench, or step. You can do this without a chair.
1) Sit on the floor, place your arms slightly behind you and your fingers should be pointed at your feet. Your legs are extended (or bent) and your feet should be about hip-width apart with the heels touching the ground. Look straight ahead with your chin up.
2) Press into your palms to lift your body.
3) Lower yourself until your elbows are bent between 45 and 90 degrees.
4) Slowly push yourself back up to the start position and repeat. Control the movement throughout the range of motion.
5) Begin with 3 sets of 10 repetitions and increase your sets to challenge yourself.
Tip: Remember, you can do this with a chair or no chair at all.
NKH Fitness Team